Had the day off today so I went for a long run at the Box Springs reserve mountain park. I can see the peak of Box Springs from my window and I've been thinking about doing this run for a while, today seem like a good day to do it. It was a nice cloudy day, cool and looking like it was going to rain. Started from home and ran up Central, Watkins, Blain, and Belvedere to the Two Trees trailhead (behind UCR area) which started at 3.2 miles. Headed up Two Trees which is really steep, finding myself at a fast walk pace at times. The trail ends where it meets the Box Springs tower dirt road, at this point I headed up to the top of the road where the "M-trail" starts (the big "M" seen from Moreno Valley). Total elevation gain was 3,000 feet now at 7 miles. From here I took the M-trail down into Moreno Valley. M-trail is a steep single track trail that is very loamy. Meeting Pigeon Pass road, I took Ironwood to Lochmoor and back to Central Ave. Both trails are in good condition and the view of Riverside and Moreno Valley are unbeatable. Total distance 13.5 miles.

1 Comment:

  1. Eddie said...
    Hey man, I'm someone who runs in the Riverside area. I'm preparing for a new route I'm trying to run, and I found your blog/page, and saw this BoxSprings route. Do you mind maybe showing me how to start this run? Like instructions? I live off Blaine...I'm right by the UCR area. I left you my email. If you could respond, that'd be great. (lasin14@msn.com)

Post a Comment